Pushpadana Girls' College Kandy was founded on the 2nd of July 1942 as an Institution of Learning for the Buddhist Girls in the hill country by "Sri Pushpadana Samithiya" and was first housed down Trincomalee Street, Kandy. The first Principal of the school was Mrs. S.A. Wijetillekesiri. It was moved to its present premises in 1953. From humble beginnings, it has risen to the position of the most sought after school for girls in the hill country and has identified itself as one of the best National Schools in the island. It is wisdom that is fostered at Pushpadana. Wisdom to face challenges in our domestic life as well as in our chosen careers. Since it is Pushpadana's wisdom that is a shining beacon illuminating our lives, it is appropriate that our motto is "Charithayen Nuwana Bebale".